Graduate Living Community (GLC)
A unique community living model providing an integrated transition to the next level of independence after CIP
Post-CIP Living Communities For Higher-Level Skill Development
CIP’s Graduate Living Communities (GLC) are unique post-CIP living communities focused on higher-level skill development in areas of college academics, employment, social/interpersonal development, and executive functioning skills.
This unique community model provides an integrated transition to the next level of independence after CIP. GLC participants benefit from retaining social and community connections, weekly check-ins, assistance with socialization and recreation, and in-home supports as they take the next big leap toward independence.
The GLC is available on an invitation-only basis for students who have achieved certain benchmarks while enrolled in CIP’s full-year, on-campus program.
The GLC Mission
Continue to assist individuals transitioning out of the College Internship program by:
Acceptance to the GLC is on a case-by-case basis. Participants must:
- Meet evaluation criteria and have attended CIP for no fewer than two years
- Enroll in college and/or be employed or seeking employment
- Reside within a 5-mile radius from a Center location
- Possess Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) for independent living
- Be motivated to participate
- Be emotionally, behaviorally, and psychologically stable