Graduate Living Community (GLC)
A unique community model providing an integrated transition to next level of independence after CIP.
As the critical need for longer-term housing options grows, CIP is responding by offering new lower cost and longer-term support options for students who are exiting our Full Year programs. CIP’s Graduate Living Communities (GLC) are unique post-CIP living communities focused on higher level skill development in areas of college academics, employment, social/interpersonal development, and executive functioning skills.
This unique community model provides an integrated transition to next level of independence after CIP and a tight-fitting peer group with an emphasis on social development. Participants must be enrolled in college and/or employed or pursuing employment. The GLC will be available on an invitation-only basis for students who have achieved certain benchmarks while enrolled in CIP’s full-year on-campus program.
The GLC mission is to continue to assist individuals transitioning out of the College Internship Program by:
- Helping them to learn household management and independence
- Assisting them to retain jobs and advance in their employment goals
- Continuing to build their skills to function in a larger social community
GLC goals are to help individuals:
- Become financially self-sufficient
- Build and maintain social connections
- Self-advocate and self-disclose
All GLC participants receive Standard Services. The GLC tuition of $990 per month includes all Standard Services taking place over a 48-week period annually. Standard Services are billed at an annual rate of $11,880.
Available in addition to Standard Services and based on the individual participant’s needs. Individualized Services are billed for and adjusted throughout the year in three 4-month (16 week) periods at a cost of $999 per service/per period. See the Service Schedule for more information.
Available in addition to Standard Services. Therapy Services are billed for and adjusted in 4-month (16 week) periods at a cost of $1,998 per service/per period.
Housing & Roommates
Housing is an additional expense and is not included in GLC tuition. CIP may arrange for use of CIP housing when possible if space allows. GLC participants will otherwise arrange for their own housing/roommates. CIP staff can assist families/participants during the transition process in the final term of their Full-Year programming.
Acceptance to the GLC is on a case-by-case basis. Participants must:
- Have attended a CIP Full-Year Program for a minimum of two years
- Enroll in college and/or be employed or seeking employment
- Reside within a 5-mile radius of CIP’s offices
- Possess Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) for independent living
- Be motivated to participate
- Be emotionally, behaviorally, and psychologically stable
*Admission to this program is by invitation only. Individualized Services assignments are made on a case-by-case basis related to each individual participant’s needs.