Highlighting the importance of resilience as a life skill and its direct correlation to growth and success in students with learning disabilities and autism spectrum disorders.
- Defines the meaning of resilience,
- Discusses its significance to the growing population of students with learning disabilities, and
- Provides strategies for families and educators to use to develop resilience in students in both the home and academic environments.
Case studies of former CIP students will also be presented to illustrate their individual journeys from academic failure to developing and using the necessary skills and supports that promote resilience to grow and succeed in life.
Speakers will include staff members from CIP Amherst:
- Christine Ryan, PhD – Program Director
- Jenel Meier, MS CRC – Head Student Advisor
- Dana Eric Misenheimer, MA – Life Skills Coordinator
- Cindy Minnich, LCSW-R – Wellness Coordinator