The College Internship Program (CIP) National Office has an immediate opening for a Human Resource Specialist. The successful candidate will handle various duties in areas including recruitment, orientation, employee benefits, personnel file maintenance, policies and procedures interpretation, training, on-boarding, HRIS data entry, etc. This is a generalist role that reports to the HR Director.
- Maintain current and former employee files in accordance with Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Assist with recruitment efforts including preparing, placing and monitoring advertisements and screen employment applications for qualification review.
- Conduct pre-employment background and reference checks.
- Assist with on-boarding process including I-9 verification and new hire document processing.
- Assist with company benefits administration including data entry, claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Perform data entry related to HRIS. Maintain and update with personnel information, scan personnel documents into the system, and enter new hire and employee status changes.
- Assist employees with interpretation of company policies and procedures.
- Assist with employee relations and investigations as needed.
Skills, Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and Human Resources experience.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization skills, ability to multi-task with an attention to detail.
- Able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent computer skills: Excel (including data analysis and formula creation), Word (including mail merges and template creation), Adobe (including form creation), PowerPoint, and various web based processes.
- Possess a strong work ethic and take ownership of assignments.
- Experience working in a multi-location organization very desirable.
- PHR certification a plus.
- Some occasional out of state travel may be required.
Interested candidates should click the “Apply Now” button to submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.Apply Now