Social Mentor Program
The College Internship Program (CIP) is a comprehensive full-year post-secondary program offering individualized academic, social, career and life skills support for young adults ages 18-26 with Asperger’s, ADHD and other Learning Differences. Our Mission is to inspire independence and expand the foundation on which young adults with Asperger’s, ADHD and other Learning Differences can build happy and productive lives.
For more information, please visit: www.cipworldwide.org
CIP is currently accepting resumes for part time social mentor positions within the social skills department to serves as a peer and a generational (social) translator. Mentors accompany students on outings to museums, computer stores and other sites, connecting a student’s special interests with opportunities to practice social competencies in a variety of relaxed and real-world settings.
Mentors meet with students weekly and interface with Social Skills Coordinators to work on each student’s individual goals. CIP hires Social Mentors that share interests and have strong values and experience in the social service field.
Qualified candidates have the opportunity to:
- Work under the social skills coordinator to carrying out plans that help meet student’s overall social skills development goals
- Provide written and oral reports regarding student progress during sessions
- Develop experience in a related field of work
- Learn more about CIP’s comprehensive college, employment, and independent living programs
- Participate in CIP staff training opportunities
- Make a huge difference in the lives of young adults with learning differences
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree w/ experience in a social services field. Experience in the field of autism and/or learning disabilities preferred
- Strong values and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Competent in word processing software
- Valid driver’s license
Qualified candidates must apply, interview in person, and be accepted. Positions are accepted on a rolling basis.
To apply please indicate your interest in a CIP location and send to your resume to:
- CIP Amherst – Amherst, NY – Jennifer Kupiec – firstname.lastname@example.org