CIP students reside in fully furnished apartments at Smallwood Plaza, conveniently located above CIP’s main offices and classrooms. Students have one to two roommates depending on their apartment. Each student has their own bedroom and most share a bathroom, kitchen and living room.
Apartments feature such amenities as:
- Minutes from CIP’s main offices and classrooms
- Easy access to public transportation (across the street from the bus stop)
- Free on-site laundry on each floor
- Free membership to Cardinal Fitness
- Fast wireless internet
- Ceiling fans in bedrooms and living room
Individualized instruction is provided in meal planning, food preparation, clean up, laundry, apartment maintenance, executive functioning and leisure skills. As skills improve, you can demonstrate the need for less supervision in each area, and take a step toward greater independence.
Life Skills & Apartment Living
The building blocks of a productive life include learning to cook and clean, doing laundry, and developing strategies for becoming more independent. CIP provides individualized supports based on each student’s needs.Learn More