By Julie Shepard, Academic Coordinator
Students made joint comments during Academic Connections, which got listed on the board in the classroom. The list was so inspiring that I am sharing it here with you today.
I’m happy because….
- I worked HARD
- We’re moving on to new things
- I think I did well in my class
- I completed my class with a decent grade
- I have a sense of relief
- I get to practice my new skill or knowledge
- I have more clarity and greater perspective
- I have anticipation (or enthusiasm) for what I’m taking next
- This class helped me figure out my area of interest and/or major
- I built up my knowledge base (which makes for more interesting conversations)
- I noticed that the ages of college students are really diverse (as old as 70)
- I gained exposure to diverse cultures and countries (met international students in class)
- I was able to feel successful.
So let me add that in every other comment they made, students responded, “So now I get to go home,” “And now I get to go eat donuts,” “So now I get to eat Latkas,” or, “So now I get to watch tv and do nothing, because I deserve it!”
Yes, they do. Have a Happy New Year and we’ll see you all again in 2009.