Don’t miss this year’s sneak peek at college for high school students with Asperger’s, High-Functioning Autism, PDD-NOS, ADD, NLD, dyslexia, and other learning differences. Give your teen the opportunity to learn valuable skills for making a well-prepared transition from high school to college.
2012 Curriculum Highlights
Students will meet and use ice breakers, idioms, discussion of expected vs. unexpected behaviors to start each day during the program.
- Roommate Rules: Written and Unwritten
- Navigating a college campus
- Social dining, chit chat and eating rules
- Self-advocacy and disclosure
- Making plans with friends and planning leisure activities
- College 101
- Dealing with being away from home
Students will also create their own Person Centered Plans. Person-Centered Planning assists students in becoming more aware of their interests, desires, strengths and challenges. Participants will use a variety of multimedia in order to create and share PowerPoint presentations that are interactive and visual reminders for keeping track of important short and long-term goals.