In order to help students continue the gains they have made during the fall semester at CIP, The Brevard Center has put together a list of helpful recommendations to keep in mind while at home for winter break.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule by waking up and going to bed at the same time every day. Limit your computer, TV, and video game use close to bedtime, so you are not tempted to stay up late and alter your sleep schedule.
- Set goals for the vacation, such as updating your wardrobe for your internship or contacting at least two friends while you are in town
- Do some community service or volunteer work
- Visit a library and read a book or two. Take a tour of a museum or local attraction
- Limit the use of your debit card while on break to ensure that you are following your budget. Be sure to check your bank account balance on line before using your debit card to see if you have funds available
- Cook at least one balanced meal a week for everyone. Shop for the ingredients and for any other food that you may want to have in the house
- Make your own fun. Other family members might not be on vacation so entertain yourself if they are not available
- Continue to follow your wellness program and exercise regularly
- Maintain your hygiene. Get a check up or see your dentist, if needed
- Complete some helpful chores without being asked. Do your own laundry and clean up after yourself
- Take medications on a regular basis without prompting, fill your mediset as needed
- Show off your social thinking in your interactions with family, friends, and individuals in the community
- Check your voicemail and email regularly, especially if you are waiting for exam grades or a response from a potential employer
We would like to wish all students and families a wonderful holiday season!