By Marjorie Paul, CIP Berkeley Admissions Coordinator
The local Humane Society in the Berkeley area, where CIP students and staff volunteer, had a very serious fire last week. JoHanne White and her family were living above the Humane Society when a fire broke loose, caused by a malfunctioning dryer. Most of the White families belongings were destroyed. JoHanna credits her dog for waking her up during the fire and saving her life!
Berkeley’s Career Coordinator, Nicole Hughes, has instrumental in collecting money from CIP staff and students to help with the rebuilding effort. In addition to the individual donations; the CIP Student Senate, led by CIP staff member Marissa Nakano, has donated a $100.
Marjorie Paul, Berkeley Center Admissions Coordinator, collected donations from the CIP staff of household items, clothes and doggy items for JoHanna White’s family.