This year, CIP has decided to use more of the features available in our Google Apps system, including Google Calendar. The calendar is an innovative way to create staff and student schedules that are user-friendly, accurate, and accessible. Through our use of the calendar, we have solved many issues and made scheduling less challenging.
- Students can share their calendars w/ staff for added support and create reminders or task list that will show on the student’s calendar. This unique feature can further assist students with managing life and academics.
- Management and coordinators can also schedule staff observations and join groups via accessing real-time information. If a student declines a module, administration will receive an email and staff can be notified immediately.
- In the event of an emergency, we can access the calendar via phone or mobile device to locate students based on their scheduled modules; we can see if they are on campus, at an internship, or at a center module, and we can also see the staff member they are with.
- Staff can share their calendars w/each other, if coverage is needed for staff to attend trainings or other meetings while ensuring services continue for the students.
- Staff who have access to calendars can accurately provide parent reports of student activity or schedule compliance meetings.
- If a student needs a reduction in services due to heavy load of ser-vices, the calendar can show daily, weekly and monthly at a glance and advising can make suggestions for changes as needed.