So far this year, CIP Brevard students participated in 343 community service / volunteer experience hours. CIP Brevard’s Career Department is headed up by staff member by Jennifer Kolarik, Lead Career Coordinator. The Career Department at CIP works with each student individually in a wide variety of career preparation services, researching, placements, and on-site job coaching and job shadowing. Volunteering and community service also play an integral part in educating and providing experience in a diverse range of fields. CIP staff from all departments work together as a team to support our students in their career goals.
Making it R.E.A.L.
Part of CIP’s national initiative this year is to “Make it R.E.A.L.”, or Ready for Employment And Life. Our goals include a 100% internship placement rate. We focus on getting students out of classrooms and offices and integrating them with the community through internships, volunteering, community service, social mentoring, weekend activities and much more.
Some of the group projects CIP Brevard students volunteered for include:
- Florida Coast Cleanup
- Harmony Farms horseback riding for the disabled
- Autism Speaks Walk
- “Boo at the Zoo”
- Holy Name of Jesus setup and festival
- Thanksgiving donation
- Toys for Tots
- Brevard Community College-Office for Students with Disabilities Open House
- Space Coast Early Intervention Center child care
- Autism Awareness 5k
- Harmony Farms
- Oyster Reef Restoration Project
- Strawberry Festival
- Office for Students with Disabilities Fair and Disability Day
- Brevard Community College Film Festival
- “Trash Bash”
- Art Festival
- All Kids Can