It has been an amazing year for the Creative Arts program at CIP Berkshire & The Spectrum Playhouse. Together with our wonderful students and diligent staff, we worked on a myriad of projects in development of each of our student’s individual creative talents.
Highlights from the year include:
- A wonderful mural designed by art teacher Ilene Spiewak, created within Studio Arts Classes and installed on the side of our new center at 40 Main St in Lee
- A second year of offering family and sensory friendly productions for kids as part of our Family First Series
- A well received 2 week summer run of our student production I Hate Shakespeare!
- The incredibly popular 3rd Annual Lee Idol Talent Competition, featuring performers from throughout Lee and Berkshire County.
- Our 2nd Annual Spooktacular Haunted House, with all aspects designed, created and performed by students
- In addition to projects specific to CIP Berkshire, we also debuted the first edition of our new literary and art magazine featuring work from students from CIP campuses nationwide, including the winners of our annual Art Contest. We hope that you enjoy reading it as much as we did creating it!
And of course, we didn’t stop there. Even now, we are in rehearsals for our upcoming 2nd Annual Variety Show in conjunction with Community Resources for People with Autism, which promises to be another great production. After that, we head straight into rehearsals for our summer production, so be on the look out for more exciting updates from The Spectrum Playhouse and CIP Berkshire in 2014.