CIP students reside in fully furnished two-bedroom apartments conveniently located very closely to CIP’s main offices and one another. Each student has their own bedroom and share a bathroom, kitchen and living room.
Students reside in the K Street Flats.
Apartments feature such amenities as:
- Minutes from CIP’s main offices and classrooms
- Easy access to public transportation including the downtown Berkeley BART train
- On-site laundry on each floor
- Environmentally-friendly paint, adhesives and carpets
- Attached paid parking garage
- A shared student lounge with game room
- A short walk to Berkeley City College and UC Berkeley
- Within easy walking distance to Trader Joe’s, the weekly downtown Berkeley Farmers Market, the YMCA and other Fitness centers and much more
Individualized instruction is provided in meal planning, food preparation, clean up, laundry, apartment maintenance, executive functioning and leisure skills. As skills improve, you can demonstrate the need for less supervision in each area, and take a step toward greater independence.
Video Tour and Student Profiles
Life Skills & Apartment Living
The building blocks of a productive life include learning to cook and clean, doing laundry, and developing strategies for becoming more independent. CIP provides individualized supports based on each student’s needs.Learn More